Wednesday 19 June 2013

Just a sprinkle.

Well, hello there.

I'm guessing you were linked here and haven't just stumbled upon this place by chance. If you have, welcome. Have some tea. Green tea is all I've got. Sugar? Oh no no, not here, darling. Stevia. There you go.

Let's pass on the coffee cake and get right to the introductions.

Call me the mother of dragons. Wait. That's not right. I need to put down my George RR Martin's and pick up my spatula.

Is that a woman-in-the-kitchen-joke? No, because this spatula is made of bamboo and I've taken enough martial arts classes to know how to smack you right side up with it till it hurts.

Anyway.

I'm one other person on a large piece of rock we call Earth that is willing to break out rusty writing skills and share my experiences. From food, to love, to health, to beauty, all the way to collaborating with artists and fitness coaches.
It'll be a hub. A place where we can build a community of scantily-clad honesty and good energy.
Somewhere where pride is only in the form of a lion's metaphor and ego is kicked out the front door for smoking. It's our place. And I?

I'm Salma.

I flirt with photography, I periodically paint, and I'm a big fan of the theatre.
My dream is to spend forever in BoraBora and the Maldives just soaking up every ray of sunshine that I can.
I love cooking. I love eating, and recently I've fallen in love with a pair of dumbbells.

This is my new blog (yes, the old one is still up, but idle), in which I will promise to share with you what I know about food. GOOD food. CLEAN eating... with the occasional hoop-lah and hallo of the naughty bits.
It will also piggy back onto what I used to write about: DIY beauty.
That will be not as often though. This is a process. For myself and for whoever you are.
It doesn't stop there, oh no.

Fitness. It's a popular thing here on the interwebs, but over here, it's raw. Raw, honest fitness that even the most cynical, stubborn person will look at and admit: I think I have time for that.
This is going to be a bunch of things that will seem confusing, but that's only because I've got a weird way of organizing things.

I want you to put a smile on that wonderful face of yours, because you're witnessing the beginning of a very awkward person's attempt to connect with the millions of people out there. You. And him. And her. And that one woman that smells of moth balls and owns two parrots, yes, even her.

Welcome, to my kaleidoscope fun house...

..take off your shoes.





1 comment: